This team is involved in three major domains
Innovative diagnostic approaches
- To develop new technical approaches to address the current analytical barriers (flexibility, multiplexing, assays based on T cell analysis, duration and cost).
- To develop molecular or immunological tools that can be combined with automated platforms or, on the contrary, with easy-to-handle rapid and portable tests according to the targeted needs.
New approaches and tests for low and middle income (LMI) countries
- To develop diagnosis assays adapted to LMI countries
- To scaling up testing in field and decentralized environments
- To provide data about HIV, viral hepatitis, TB and others infectious diseases in LMI countries
Prevention of the transmission of infectious agents (vertical , sexual , transfusional transmisions , IV drugs & other parenteral ways)
- To improve the development of more flexible innovative diagnostic strategies to face known and emerging infectious and immunological risks for improving blood safety.
- To develop diagnostic strategies for future personalized medicine in the context of the prevention of chronic infections.